Time is continuous, it never halts and can never backpedal. In the world of incessant evolution, if we are unable to manage our time, we are lacking in everything. Everyone in this world gets 24 hours to prove themselves and that needs to be used appropriately and wisely. Have you ever thought about what you are going to do in the next 5 years? Give it a shot and think.
Lost Time is Never Found Again.
- Analyze – Before you start, you need to analyze your time just like money. It is a limited commodity and be aware of it. When you spend it? It may happen that you presume that the time spent on daily chores is merely 20% however you have been spending more than what was required. So here comes the need to track your time and the easiest way to do it is to download an app like Rescue Time and Toggl. If you are not using these apps then definitely you are missing a trick. These act as your personal assistant to track your time and efficiency.
- Set a smart goal – Relax, sit back calmly and then decide what do you want to do. Once the decision is taken pen it down. Over 2000 years ago, Aristotle said: “Well begun is half done.”
Set a smart goal that is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.
Help you to give direction whereas vague goals are unidirectional like you want to reduce your expenses.
That has a deadline, for instance, decide how much expense you want to reduce and when?
Make sure you set a goal that is attainable
Relevant goals will help you to achieve your aim and remain focused
When you are working on a deadline, your sense of urgency increases, and achievement will come that much quicker.
- Prioritize – Make a to-do list, once the list is ready it will become easier for you to analyze the impact of each task and prioritize them. Give priority to the tasks that are valuable and important over others. Follow Pareto Principle of 80:20 rule which says that two out of ten items, on any general to-do list, will turn out to be worth more than the other eight items put together.
- Set time limit – Examine tasks and calculate the rough estimate to complete it. Set a deadline of completion which would help you to keep a track. If the task’s estimates are more than 50 hours divide it into smaller ones and assign hours to each task. Doing this will help you to accomplish it on time. Also, the sense of completion of a smaller task will keep you motivated.
- Make a done list – Once the tasks are completed, mark it as done. You will feel positive and sense of accomplishment will help you to keep going. Since this is an ongoing process the above-mentioned steps will help you to attain your goals in life.
As above said the time you are wasting today, will never come back. Therefore manage your time should be your priority first before doing any task. Here is the short video on youtube on time management. Watch the video to get more idea on how to manage your time fast. The most important thing is to analyze your whole day before you sleep since it would aid you to plan your next day accordingly. Doing so daily would develop a habit gradually which is going to help you very much throughout your life.